창세기 강의 140 Lecture on Genesis # 140
페이지 정보작성자 염경선 자기소개 아이디로 검색 전체게시물 작성일18-11-09 12:40 조회57회 댓글0건
Lecture on Genesis # 140
The path toward Bethel is so smooth (Gen 35:1~)
1. Before going up to Bethel Jacob purified his family members.
He told them to bury all the idols and decorative devices under the ground.
This symbolizes the fact that they lead their life according to their own purpose for 20 years in the past but they buried everything about their past life under the ground.
2. Idols of gentile gods means that they were trying to get blessings apart from the true God. And decorative devices means they did not express God Himself but they tried to express themselves. Before going up to Bethel, Jacob arranged everything else except God Himself.
3. Jacob wanted to get the peace and security but he always felt restlessness because of his own ambition. Thus he built a brick house in Shecheme.
4. Apart from Jacob's wish, the most fearful thing happened in his life. Because of his children, his life was threatened Only then he was reminded the Word of God.
5. Jacob buried everything under the ground and went up to Bethel but he became a person who was trembling because of fear.
6. God protected Jacob who was afraid. Jehovah God sent his army and protected Jacob who was going up to Bethel. The path which leads us to Bethel is always opened and nobody can block us. This is the meaning that even though everything else is blocked from all directions but the path toward Heaven is always opened.
등록된 댓글이 없습니다.